The Code Ocean team is on a mission to build the world’s best cloud-based computational research platform! Our aim is to transform how we analyze and share scientific research code so that it is more open, reproducible, and reusable.
We are looking for a Back End Engineer to join our Back End team and help architect and develop our cloud-based platform and influence our product for the fast-growing research and science field.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an innovative product designed for researchers and scientists to assist them in pushing science forward.
- Design and implement a highly scalable and performant platform while using the latest technologies.
- Work with a skilled team and prompt advanced technologies.
- Work in an Agile-like environment that combines various teams’ collaboration with the ability for self-expression while introducing new ideas that can influence short and long-term plans.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with GO / Python / Java /.NetCore and backend frameworks
- Knowledge of Cloud (AWS) computing, Virtual Machines, Docker containers
- Passionate about code and quality while exercising professionalism, collaboration, and beneficial communication within and outside of the core team.
- Sharp technology skills and knowledge.
- Independent, responsible, fast learner, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Architecture and design skills
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of multi-processing/microservices architecture
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (e.g. Mongo DB, CouchDB, Redis, RedShift)
- Excellent analytical skills and desire to come up with new initiatives
- Comfortable investigating new challenging problems, coming up with new designs from scratch, and thinking outside the box
- Ability to communicate well internally with the team( proficient in English, good writing skills)