We are on a search for an experienced Account Executive to lead our expansion in the biotech and pharma space in the Boston area. The ideal candidate brings a successful track record of selling complex software into new and medium-sized Biotech / Pharma accounts while building lasting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead Code Ocean’s relationship with prospective and existing customers, achieving revenue goals, from new logos to expansions.
- Own deal cycles from prospecting through account research and qualifying leads to close by navigating a wide range of B2B customer stakeholders.
- Develop effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and growth.
- Sell complex enterprise software with multiple decision-makers, navigating a nuanced sales motion.
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Solutions Architects, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Customer Success to address prospects’ needs and ensure wins.
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- Oversee all commercial activities within accounts. Work collaboratively with Customer Success to Create and maintain actionable account plans to identify new business opportunities and meet financial targets.
- Map out and attend networking events in the Greater Boston area, and be aware and involved in the Biotech community activities.
- Travel to customer locations and marketing events as needed to support general company sales efforts.
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years of full-cycle sales experience which includes selling complex software and/or selling in the Biotech / Pharma vertical.
- Highly comfortable influencing and building consensus across various stakeholders with extraordinary presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Success in identifying, prospecting, and closing net new accounts while maintaining relationships with existing accounts and key opinion leaders in the Biopharma space.
- B.S. in life science, Bioinformatics, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Team player, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Experienced in remote working, but physically located in the Boston area.
- Comfortable in a startup environment that moves and adapts at a fast pace.
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.