This is your workspace. It consists of three main parts: to the left are the algorithm's Code and Data panes. You can view and edit them in the middle code pane. After you run an algorithm, the results (collected from the /results folder) will appear on the right Results pane.
1. Click the Upload button in the Code pane.
2. Drag and drop your files or click Choose Files.
3. If you have input files, upload them similarly using the Upload button in the Data pane.
4. Don't forget to choose your main file (the entry point, that is the initial file you want to run) by hovering your cursor over the appropriate file, clicking Actions and selecting Set as Main.
Importing from GitHub
1. Click the GitHub button in the Code pane.
2. Enter any public GitHub repository URL into link field box.
3. Choose whether to delete your algorithm's existing source files on Code Ocean.
4. Click Import Source to initiate the process, which may take up to a couple of minutes (depending on the size of the repository).
Renaming Your Algorithm
A newly created algorithm starts out with the name “Untitled”. Click on Untitled to rename your algorithm.
Running Your Algorithm
1. Click Run to begin executing your algorithm. Check the Results pane to monitor its progress.
2. The Output pane will automatically open at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to monitor any output your algorithm writes to the terminal, as well as any output generated during the environment setup phase (when applicable).
3. You'll be able to view this run's output (or any saved run's output) any time in the Results pane.
If you need help getting your code running or have any questions, please open a ticket through the top right Help menu or email us: email@example.com.
1. Once a run finishes, its results (consisting of all files written by the code to the /results folder) will be shown in the right Results pane. Click any result file to view it.
2. Click the Download icon to download a zip file containing all result files generated by this run, or, if you're sure you won't need these results any longer, click the Trash button to delete them.
Using an existing dataset will save you upload time and storage space. To add a dataset as an input:
1. Click the Dataset button in the Data pane.
2. Find the dataset you'd like to work with and toggle the checkbox next to its name.
3. Click the Apply button. The dataset will be appear as another folder in your Code pane. You can open the folder and browse its content.
4. From your code, you'll find the dataset in the /datasets folder.
If you can’t find the dataset you're looking for on our list, please let us know and we'll add it for you!