We are looking for a Solutions Scientist who is curious about solving researchers’ painful problems and closing complex deals. The Solutions Consultant provides our sales organization with presales support, contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers. In this role, you will work directly with the sales team to understand the needs of our customers, provide compelling value-based presentations, demonstrations, technical education, and support Proof of Concepts. This is an exceptional opportunity to influence our product for the fast-growing computational research field.
About Code Ocean
Code Ocean is shaping the future of computational research.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries. We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct discovery meetings and learn about the prospects’ needs and technical environment
- Assist and guide prospects through the tools evaluation and selection process
- Define use cases and success criteria along with prospects and drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from requirements and design to training, delivery, and summary
- Work with prospects’ tools, code, and data to deliver world-class product demonstrations
- Demonstrate and communicate the value of Code Ocean throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to implementation
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Code Ocean
- Educate and train the sales force on the benefits and use of Code Ocean
- Be a partner to marketing on creation of content for awareness, thought leadership, demand generation and sales enablement
- Immerse yourself in the computational research industry, maintaining a deep understanding of market trends as well as competitive and complementary products and vendors and how to position Code Ocean in relation to them
- Collaborate with Product Management and Customer Success to continuously improve Code Ocean’s product and design desired customizations
Our ideal candidate
- You are equally comfortable in a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences
- You have outstanding presentation and communication skills, you love working on a team and you feel comfortable improvising
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a technical sales role
- You have a researcher’s mindset, with at least a Masters’s degree in computational biology, computational chemistry, statistics or related fields. Experience in genomics research or data science is a plus
- You are experienced with computational research, data analysis, informatics, or DevOps tools
- You have the ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Code Ocean’s solutions
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.