We are seeking a dynamic sales professional who’s excited about biotech to join our fast-growing team. Our Sales Development team partners with the Sales and Marketing teams to bring Code Ocean to the most transformative companies in drug development. Our SDR team performs analysis of inbound and outbound prospects’ business. You will prospect, qualify, and generate opportunities to build and grow the Code Ocean business. To be successful in this role, you need to be able to identify business challenges and articulate the Code Ocean’s value proposition to prospects.
About Code Ocean
Code Ocean is shaping the future of computational research.
We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries.
We are fortunate to have amazing customers including Sema4, CytoReason, Dragonfly Therapeutics, and many others who are successfully creating, organizing, and sharing higher quality discoveries every day with our leading Computational Research Platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Find opportunities, present Code Ocean and its value, and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Generate business opportunities through all channels (social, email, phone, etc.) by mapping and researching companies/contacts with tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, etc.
- Work with the demand generation team using “Account-Based Methodology” to bring in relevant opportunities. Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders
- Ensure prospects meet predefined qualification criteria
- Schedule qualified customers for sessions with the Sales team
- Build and maintain a pipeline
- Utilize demand generation and prospecting to ensure efficient lead management and record-keeping
- Occasionally travel to participate in company and client events
Our ideal candidate
- 2+ years experience in selling or generating demand for B2B SaaS / Cloud software
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Confidence in handling of objections
- Strong detail orientation
- Ambitious, results-driven, dynamic, and eager to learn
- Salesforce, Outreach, Calendly, ZoomInfo, etc experience
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.