Code Ocean is looking for a Product Marketing Director to lead our GTM planning and support its execution, while developing a deep understanding of our positioning differentiation and value to our markets and audiences. We’re counting on you to drive the right positioning, product messaging, content, product launch strategies, marketing/sales enablement and work with marketing peers to help drive demand. You will build foundational product marketing programs, including competitive intelligence, market sizing, market research, message testing, and more to drive impact in critical audience segments.
The ideal candidate has industry experience in the computational research BioTech and Scientific development tools space and is adept at understanding complex markets, audiences and technologies designed to serve them, and translating this knowledge into compelling messaging and storytelling. You’ll work closely and build strong relationships with key business stakeholders, including product management, sales, customer success, and your marketing peers.
About Code Ocean
We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing the speed and quality of scientific discovery based on computational research.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher-quality discoveries. We are fortunate to have amazing customers including Flagship Pioneering, Premtheus Biosciences ( a Merck company), GeneDx, PrimeMedicine, CytoReason, and many others who are successfully creating, organizing, and sharing trusted discoveries every day with our leading Computational Research Platform, and publications such as Nature and Science as well as >1000 academic institutions who trust us to enable guaranteed reproducibility for computational research.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the leadership team to craft our GTM plans.
- Plan and manage product launches that drive business impact with our target audiences.
- Be the expert on our competitive landscape and how that informs our positioning and product strategy.
- Work directly with the Product team to understand and influence roadmap priorities and definition and translate technical features into values and benefits.
- Define and communicate value propositions and build messaging frameworks that represent the voice of the customer. Clearly differentiate our product in ways that make us stand out to our target audiences and tell a compelling story.
- Develop and deliver enablement for sales, sales development and customer success, analyze sales motions and identify gaps and bottlenecks requirements enablement program modification.
- Identify partnership opportunities and work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies.
- Develop strong feedback loops with the Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams, as well as in-house subject matter experts.
- Conduct research to inform market sizing, customer personas, segmentation, messaging, and content needs.
- Measure results across efforts and find creative ways to maintain momentum after launches.
- Develop strategic partnerships with leaders across product and go-to-market teams to demonstrate the value of product marketing.
- Manage Content Marketing: build upon content strategy, develop content calendars, and coordinate with subject matter experts, technical writers, and creative agencies, to deliver an ongoing stream of content for marketing call-to-actions and sales enablement.
- Manage Partnership and Community Marketing initiatives.
Our ideal candidate
- Uses voice of customers and data to guide their work.
- Organized and methodical, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Team player who collaborates well across all business functions.
- People manager and strong individual contributor who enjoys autonomy.
- End-to-end experience owning, planning, and executing product marketing programs.
- Thrives on continuous learning and improvement and keeps up to date on the latest marketing best practices.
- 10+ years of Product Marketing experience in a B2B SaaS or software company.
- Experience managing Content Marketing and Content Strategy. Creative writing and storytelling abilities are highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, related field, or equivalent in experience.
- A computational science background is a plus.
- Life sciences background a plus.
Not sure if you fit this description?