We’re looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to oversee, maintain, and build out our marketing infrastructure and technology stack so that our tools and processes are effective today and scalable for the future. You will play a central role in the success of a growing marketing team, helping to ensure the integrity of our database, streamline the lead management process, ensure effective marketing automation, dashboard performance, and KPIs, and use intelligence gleaned from our data to inform sound business decision making.
About Code Ocean
Code Ocean makes science move faster. Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries. We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as an advisor and trusted partner to marketing leadership to ensure that the team is operating efficiently and executing with agility.
- Ensure our technology and processes are effective, scalable, and support growth. Evaluate and recommend new technologies aligned to current and future business needs, and lead the onboarding of new marketing vendors.
- Work closely and build strong relationships with key marketing and sales stakeholders. Lead cross-functional discussions involving marketing operations, infrastructure, and processes, including improvements that help to support marketing initiatives.
- Be the guardian of the marketing database to improve data quality, hygiene, and standardization. Implement and maintain lead and data flows between the various tools in our marketing and technology stack.
- Be the company’s go-to expert on all things related to Marketo.
- Manage email marketing roadmap, scheduling, and campaigns/workflows.
- Manage website forms and integration of form data into the marketing database.
- Use marketing data to make recommendations on optimal approaches to delivering the right message, to theright customer, in the right context.
- Own and maintain documentation of all marketing operations processes, including the Sales and Marketing SLA.
Our ideal candidate
- Hands-on experience with Marketo (as an administrator), building, organizing, and executing successful B2B automation campaigns. Marketo-certified practitioner is a plus.
- Experience using web analytics, tag managers, dashboards, and data visualization tools.
- Strong working knowledge of database management concepts and best practices.
- Organized and methodical, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Results-driven, with a test and optimize mindset.
- Excellent communicator who can explain complex scenarios and solutions clearly.
- 5+ years of marketing operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, related field, or equivalent in experience.
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.