The Code Ocean team is on a mission to build the world’s best cloud-based computational research platform! Our aim is to transform how we analyze and share scientific research code so that it is more open, reproducible and reusable.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our R&D team and help manage the full life-cycle of our complex cloud-based platform and influence our product for the fast-growing research and science field.
- Hands-on development of cloud infrastructure, from technology research and solution design to implementation, delivery & launch at customer sites worldwide
- Design and implement Code Ocean’s deployment architecture using infrastructure as code tools and services
- Advance the core Code Ocean backend system to tie together end-to-end changes to the architecture
- Advanced CI/CD
- Support and advance our development and integration environments
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms, Linux, Docker
- Advantage: Deep knowledge in AWS
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools and services
- Advantage: Experience with AWS CDK and AWS CloudFormation
- Advantage: Good knowledge of Typescript
- Experience with CI/CD practices, tools and platforms
- Experience with scripting (Shell, Python)
- Advantage: Knowledge and experience in Go
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of highly-available, performant, robust, and scalable systems
- Ability to communicate with customers. Fluent in English, great communication skills.
- Sharp technical skills and ability for fast independent learning
- Ability to work in small, agile teams to solve complex problems.
- Advantage: Experience in startup companies