Code Ocean is looking for a DevOps Engineer to develop the full life-cycle of a complex cloud-based platform for advanced computing and research automation using bleeding edge technologies, together with a top-notch team of engineers.
Code Ocean is where great computational research is created, organized, and shared in one place.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives for faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries.
- Hands-on development of cloud infrastructure, from technology research and design to implementation, delivery & launch at customer sites worldwide
- Design and implement deployment architecture using infrastructure as code. Advantage: knowledge of Terraform, Pulumi and the likes
- Advance the core Code Ocean backend system to tie together end-to-end changes to architecture
- Advanced CI/CD – CircleCI / Jenkins and the likes
- Sharp technical skills and ability for fast independent learning
- Deep knowledge in Cloud (AWS) computing, Linux, Docker, Advantage – Kubernetes
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of highly-available, performant, robust, and scalable systems
- Platforms and technologies
- NoSQL Databases (e.g. CouchDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Advantage – RedShift)
- Advantage: Knowledge and experience in Go, CircleCI, Git, Terraform, Pulumi
- Advantage: Familiarity with scientific languages R, MATLAB
- 4+ years of experience
- Excellent analytical skills, along with superb communication skills
- Comfortable tackling new complex problems and thinking outside the box
- Ability to communicate with customers (Fluent in English, good writing skills)
- Ability to work in small, agile superb teams to solve complex problems. Advantage: startup companies background